Terms & Conditions
In these Conditions “owner” means ATS mini Skips Ltd; “hirer” means the person hiring the skip; ”vehicle” means the vehicle which is delivering or collecting the skip which is the subject of the contract; “driver” means the driver of the vehicle; “the site” means the place whether on or off the highway where the skip is deposited.
The Owner enters into contracts with the Customer for the hire of skips upon the following conditions:
1.The Owner shall ensure that the skip is clearly and indelibly marked with the Owner’s name and telephone number.
2. The Owner will remove or re position the skip if required by a highway authority or a constable in uniform under Section 140 of the Highways Act 1980.
3. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing the title to and the contents of the skip passes to the Owner at the time of loading the skip onto the vehicle provided that all of the terms and conditions have been satisfied.
4. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing, the Owner shall be under no obligation to deposit the skip elsewhere than on private property. No skips will be placed onto a public highway; this includes Roads, Paths and green spaces owned and managed by local councils.
5. The Owner shall use his best endeavours to comply with the Customers requirements but can accept no responsibility for the failure to supply or for any delay in supplying skips which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond the Owner’s control or any unforeseen or abnormal conditions, or by an act or neglect on the part of the customer.
6. The time allowed for depositing or picking up a skip is ten minutes. If the vehicle is kept waiting longer than this after arrival the Customer shall be liable for a reasonable charge of a £50 wait time. Please ensure the site for the skip is ready on the day of delivery or collection.
7. Where the driver is directed to deposit or pick up the skip on or from a site which is off a highway:
(a) the Owner shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Customer for any damage howsoever caused whilst the vehicle is off the highway:
(b) without prejudice to the generality of Condition 14 the Customer shall subject as above save harmless and keep the Owner indemnified against any claim or demand which could not have been made had the driver not been so directed; and
(c) the Customer will compensate the Owner for any damage to the vehicle or the skip which would have not occurred had the driver been so directed and which is not due to any negligent driving on the part of the driver.
8. The Customer shall ensure that all permissions required before the skips can be deposited on the site including the permission required under the Highways Act 1980, have been or will be obtained, before the Customer directs the driver to deposit the skip. ATS cannot leave skips on a public highway. The permission shall remain in force until the skip has left the site.
9. The Customer shall direct the driver where to deposit or pick up the skip. The Customer shall not move the skip from the site without the consent of the Owner or move position of the skip whilst it is out on hire.
10. The Customer shall insure that: no waste to which the Control of Pollution (Special Waste) Regulations 1980 No.1709 apply will be placed in the skip without the written consent of the Owner; and not withstanding 12(a) above if any waste to which the said Regulations apply is placed in any skip the Customer shall immediately give the notices required by this Regulation and within the regulation time limit send the copies of the Consignment Note to the Owner.
Please ask the Owner if you are in doubt.
11. The Customer shall ensure that from the time that the skip is deposited until it is picked up again by the Owner: it is properly sited in accordance with the permission given; it is properly lit according to the Highways Act 1980 provision during the hours of darkness and unsatisfactory visibility (please note that un-illuminated skips are like unlit holes in the ground);it is filled no higher than the top of the sides; it suffers no damage other than fair wear and tear; no fires are lit in it; it is properly marked with the required number of cones.
12. The Customer shall save harmless and keep the owner indemnified against any claim, demand or penalty arising out of the presence of the skip on the site and which could not have been made or inflicted had the skip not been placed on the site. If in doubt ask your Insurance Company whether you have satisfactory cover.
13. Except as specifically otherwise agreed in writing, the Customer shall fill the skip within the period of hire and shall inform the Owner by one clear working day’s grace of it’s readiness for collection or replacement. When you hire a skip with us, the standard hire period is seven days. There is also the option to extend this up to a max period of three weeks at no extra cost, however this must be agreed at the point of booking. If we come to collect the skip on or after the agreed collection (Off hire) date and it’s not ready – A chargeable wasted journey trip of £50 will apply. Alternatively, you can extend the skip hire length after the three weeks for £50 per week. Again this is to be agreed with the office.
14. Unless otherwise stated upon booking, it may take a few working days to collect due to an Eco friendly route planning schedule. If you’re collection is time critical please contact the office to arrange. Please note collections can be delayed around public holidays and bank holidays due to us being closed.
15. Our delivery hours are from 7:00am to 7:00pm. If you need a skip for a certain time, we advise on delivery the day before so that the skip is there ready for you.
16. Christmas Collections – To ensure Pre-Christmas collection please ensure your skip is off hired 14 days before Christmas. Please liaise with the office and confirm you have asked for a pre-Christmas collection so we can prioritise it for you.
17. We do not accept any liability for damage caused by our vehicles whilst on or entering your property.
18.Skips must be level loaded and the customers waste must not exceed the lip of the skip. The Driver has the right to remove all waste he considers to be above a normal load. An overweight or overloaded skip is a hazard and illegal. The lorry may struggle to lift the skip, it can be dangerous to other people as the skip is being lifted or transported. The contents of a skip and the lorry should not exceed the vehicles gross vehicle weight. If your skip is deemed to be overweight or overloaded, the driver reserves the right to refuse to remove the skip altogether until the contents are removed. You will need to send the office a photo of the skip before we will return to collect it. You may incur a wasted journey charge of £50.
19. No fires in the skip are tolerated at all.
• Any damage incurred by fire will be chargeable in the full amount (E.G 8Yard build cost is £1200).
• Fires damage the structure of the skip and renders them unsuitable for further use.
• Extreme cases mean they have to be put out by the Fire brigade.
20. Any unauthorised waste found in the skip at the time of collection will incur an addition charge.
Items we do not Accept: Asbestos, Gas bottles (of any kind), Florescent Tubes, Clinical waste, Dog or human excrement, helium bottles, fire extinguishers, hazardous liquids, Flammable liquids. No hot ash or fire remnants.
Items we take at an additional cost:
- Plasterboard – We have a zero tolerance for plasterboard going in the skips. If you have plasterboard this is an extra charge and must be bagged separately and paid for us to dispose of. Please leave the bags next to the skip. Bags can be provided at £50 per bag (they are 1yd bags) . Alternatively – we have plasterboard only skips
- Mattresses – Extra charge £40 per mattress (any size). Please place on top of the skip where possible (acts like a second lid as well as the net). Please inform the office if you are placing any mattresses in the skip.
- Commercial Fridge Freezers – Extra £35 per fridge freezer depending on the size. Please inform the office if you are placing in the skip.
- Paint tins – Please ensure these are completely empty.
- Any form of domestic seating – Due to the new legislation from the Environmental Agency regarding ‘POP’s’ (Persistent Organic Pollutants), Any form of Domestic seating, including Sofas, Sofa Beds, Armchairs, Kitchen and dining room chairs, foot stools, home office chairs, futons, cushions can no longer be accepted unless you have provided with written declaration confirming your material does not contain POP’s.
Sofa £55. Armchair £30. Footstall £20. Single chair/ Dining room Chair/ Office chair £15. Again these items must be declared to the office and paid for or your skip will not be collected.
Anything that is found in the skip at the waste transfer station that should not be there or hasn’t been declared to the office upon collection there will be a penalty of £100 added to the invoice for that item.
No agent or employee of the Owner is permitted to alter or to vary these Conditions in any way or to give any consent there under unless he is authorised in writing by the Owner to do so.